|“||How do you do, Devils. My name is Walburga, I’m one of the leaders of “Hexennacht”. Pleased to make your acquaintance♪||”|
Walburga is a woman in her early 20s with short hair adorned with numerous ribbons.
She wears a purple Gothic lolita outfit.
Walburga is a sadist who loves looking at people in pain. However, she is shown to be a coward who will only fight in battles where she has an absolute advantage, often retreating if the odds turn against her. In battle, she is shown to like to
Walburga is already a member of Hexennacht in her teens as she is the disciple of the former wielder of Incinerate Anthem and leader of the group, Augusta. At some point in time, she inherited the Longinus and became one of the leaders of Hexennacht.
She has also allied with Rizevim Livan Lucifer after the latter's reemergence.
Powers & Abilities
- Elemental Magic: Walburga has shown the ability to release various elemental attacks during her battle with Team DxD.
- Defensive Magic: In Volume 19, she was able create a defensive barrier moments before being hit by Issei's Crimson Blaster.
- Teleportation Magic: Walburga has shown the ability to teleport as she used it to move around during the attack on Auros and later to escape form Heaven.
Incinerate Anthem (紫炎祭主による磔台, Inshinerēto Ansemu) : The Longinus previously wielded by Walburga. It is one of the Three Holy Relics, the Holy Cross on which Christ was crucified. Its special ability is to create purple holy flames in the form of a cross that can incinerate Devils with ease as shown when Walburga attacked Sairaorg Bael. It is different from other Sacred Gears that it can be transferred to another user of its own will and even if the current user hasn't died yet. Walburga had shown that she could create several purple-flame cross pillars to surround Auros Academy.
- Incinerate Antiphona Calvario (最終審判者による覇焔の裁き, Inshinerēto Antifona Karuvario): Walburga's sub-species Balance Breaker. It had the ability to manifest different forms depending on the souls that she uses that is able to move independent from her. During the fight against D×D, Walburga used half of the soul of Yamata no Orochi to manifest the legendary Evil Dragon that is made entirely of holy flames. Walburga is still able to create purple holy flame while in this Balance Break. She had the power to create beings of souls or shape them to certain shapes.
- Walburga is a German given name. It means "ruler of the fortress" from the Germanic elements wald "power, leader, ruler" and burg "fortress" so this would suggest Walburga is German.
- Her nickname Shien means "to aid; to support; to provide assistance; to back; to help".
- Antiphon has the meaning of "ecclesiastical" which means: of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular. Calvario has the meaning of "torment" so what Antiphon Calvario means in relation to Incinerate Anthem's power is "Holy Torment".
- Hexennacht means "Witches' Night".
- Walburga being a part of Hexenacht may have been a reference to Saint Walburga, who was an English missionary to the Frankish Empire, due to Hexenacht being the other name for the eve of the feast day of Saint Walburga.
- The common name the feast day goes by is Walpurgis Night.