|“||I am — Vidar. The son of Odin of the Aesir. A lot of things have happened, and I will be the next chief god.||”|
Vidar is a tall handsome man who appears to be Northern European in his early twenties. He has white-golden hair, golden eyes, and a beard. He wears a fitting white suit.
Vidar appeared to be an easy going person, as seen when he laughs as Vali became exasperated when he saw him. His carefree behavior was noted to be the same as his father Odin, sharing the same fondness for mischief such as forcing Rossweisse into an engagement with him as a ploy to get her to confess her feelings for Issei Hyoudou.
He is also shown to be a bit of a battle maniac, as he used the forced engagement with Rossweisse as a way to aggravate Issei into fighting him with all of his might. He was shown to be satisfied with his battle with Issei, despite losing to Issei.
Vidar was born as one of the sons of Odin, the chief God of the Norse Gods. After his father and brothers went into the Isolation Barrier Field, he became the new chief God of the Norse Gods, succeeding his father.
Powers & Abilities
Immense Strength: Being the current Chief God of the Norse, Vidar is an extremely powerful God, being chosen after his father's and brothers' absence. He is powerful enough to make Fenrir, albeit Fenrir in a massively weakened state, cower in fear at the sight of him. Combined with his Mystical Boots and combat prowess, his power is stated to be comparable to Thor, one of the Top Ten Strongest Beings in the World, though his fight with Issei casts doubt on the validity of that statement. Vidar was able to fight on par with Issei using his Cardinal Crimson armor, and inflict damage even in his Pseudo-Diabolos Dragon God Armor, though he was repeatedly knocked off balance while trying to clash with Issei's blows in that state. He was able to close a wound from Ascalon by clenching his muscles. While wearing Ragnarok Aesir Berserk, he was strong enough to overpower Pseudo-Diabolos Dragon Issei's guard and knock him away.
Immense Durability: Vidar is extremely durable as he was able able to withstand Issei's attacks, who was wearing his True Queen armor. After equipping Ragnarök Aesir Berserk, Vidar was able to endure attacks from Issei in his Pseudo-Diabolos Dragon armor.
Immense Speed: Vidar is extremely fast due to focusing on his legs, able to keep up with Issei in his Cardinal Crimson Promotion, and even land counters against Pseudo-Diabolos Dragon. After equipping Ragnarök Aesir Berserk, his speed surpassed Issei in his Pseudo-Diabolos Dragon armor.
Master Combatant: He is an immensely powerful and skilled combatant, preferring a kicking-based fighting style as his main means of attack. It's been said that when his kicking techniques are combined with his Mystical Boots, which were created to combat the God-Devouring Wolf Fenrir, he is capable of rivaling Thor, blowing away High-Class Devils with little effort. Combined with his Ragnarök Aesir Berserk, Vidar was able to overwhelm Issei in his Pseudo-Diabolos Dragon God armor, casually finding openings in Issei's guard and adjusting his kicks mid-swing to make them harder to predict.
Expert Magician: Being the son of Odin and Prince of the Asgardian realm which specializes in magic, he excels in using all kinds of magic; whether to attack, support his allies or even weaken opponents. He could even create a magic circle to act as a platform to support his Fimbulvetr Shot.
- Summoning Magic: He could use this magic to summon Midgardsormr's consciousness from the ocean in Northern Europe during his match against Issei.
- Sealing Magic: During his match against Issei's team in Volume 25, Vidar was able to use a sealing magic circle to ensure his Fimbulvetr Shot would hit Issei.
- Strengthening Magic: Vidar can also use strengthening magic to enhance his body, combining this magic with the power of his Ragnarök Aesir Berserk armor, he could fight on par with Issei in his Pseudo-Diabolos Dragon form.
Flight: During the events of Volume 25, Vidar has demonstrated the ability to stay afloat in mid-air.
Mystical Boots: Vidar's signature weapons, which Odin made as a countermeasure against the God-Devouring Wolf, Fenrir. These boots increase his powers to that, when combined with his kicking techniques, he is supposedly able to rival Thor, one of the Top 10 Strongest Beings in the World. These boots were modified after Grigori helped the Norse Faction replicate the Sacred Gear System using the Yggdrasil, letting Vidar store Midgardsormr's jewel and dons his Ragnarök Aesir Berserk when he decides to use it.
- Ragnarök Aesir Berserk (終末大帝の龍装, Ragunaroku Āsu Beruseruku): Also known as the Dragon Dress of the Apocalypse Emperor, which is an Artificial Balance Breaker like Azazel's Down Fall Dragon Another Armor and inspired by Asia's pact with Fafnir, which uses Midgardsormr as a power source for this armor. It takes form as a grey full-bodied armored suit, with particularly complex and bulkier armor applied on both his legs, in addition, to boosters which enhances Vidar's speed to the point that even Issei in his Pseudo-DxD armor finds it hard to keep up with Vidar. In this form, he could fight on par with Issei's Pseudo-Diabolos Dragon and could overpower him several times.
- Fimbulvetr Shot (フィンブルヴェト・ショット, Finburuvu~eto Shotto): Vidar's signature technique in this form, where he focuses divine aura on his feet and enhanced using Midgardsormr's power before shooting it at his opponent using a kick. Fimbulvetr Shot was powerful enough to send Issei in his Pseudo-Diabolos Dragon a great distance into the Artificial Yggdrasil, both destroying parts of it and Issei's armor at his abdomen, as well as being powerful enough to hold off his Infinity Blaster.
- Vidar has a harem that consists of many mistresses, but he has yet to marry, which worries the other Norse Gods as they need him to produce an heir as the next ruler of Asgard.
- Vidar feels that his brother Thor is more fitting to be the next ruler of Asgard.
- Vidar is the first God that Issei defeated in a one-on-one fight.
- Ragnarök Aesir Berserk’s signature move Fimbulvetr Shot is another name of Fimbulwinter, a great winter that is the prelude to the events of Ragnarök.