|“||Yes, it’s nice to meet you again. Hyoudou-kun. Akeno and Ouryuu have been in your care.||”|
Suzaku Himejima is the current Head of the Himejima Clan and the current inheritor of her clans Sacred Beast, the Vermilion Bird.
Suzaku is a beautiful, young buxom woman who has long, flowing black hair and red eyes (being noted to be similar in appearance to her aunt, Shuri Himejima). Her body measurements are [B102-W60-H89 cm] [B40-W24-H35 in]; height [168 cm] [5 feet 6 inches] and body weight [54 kg] [119 lbs].
Suzaku is a very kind-hearted woman, as despite being a member of the Himejima Clan, Suzaku cares more about the well being of her family over the ancient rules of the Himejima. Suzaku did not persecute and scorn Akeno for her Fallen Angel heritage, showing her compassion and kindness whereas other Himejima Clan members including the previous Head, Suou Himejima, who wanted to kill Akeno simply for her heritage which strongly contradicts the ancient rules of the Himejima Clan.
Suzaku is a descendant of the Himejima clan. As a child, she would always hang out and play with her cousin Akeno. She became saddened and worried when their clan killed her aunt Shuri and cast out Akeno. At some point, Suzaku had secretly already met with Rias as since Akeno was under her care, she secretly kept in contact with them but could not meet them. She also succeeded her great-uncle as the current head of the Himejima clan. Suzaku used her role as head to soften the grudge between her clan with Grigori.
- For a full detail on the events on -SLASHDØG-, please refer here.
Powers & Abilities
Flame Manipulation: As one of the Himejima Clan who've been blessed by the Shinto God of Fire, Suzaku can utilize the Fire Phase, one of the Five Elements, letting her create and control flames, which is further enhanced due to Suzaku being the host of the Vermillion Bird.
Purification Master: As the Head of the Himejima clan, Suzaku is a very powerful mystic able to purify evil spirits. She was powerful enough to be chosen by the Vermillion Bird, the Sacred Beast of the Himejima Clan, to be its inheritor.
Vermilion Bird (朱雀, Suzaku): The Sacred Beast of the Himejima Clan that has been handed down for generations to the strongest mystic of the clan who is personally chosen by the Sacred Beast itself, along with its name. It takes the form of a fiery bird that she can summon to in a fight.
Shikigami: A creature that acts as her Familiar, Suzaku summons a large red bird that can be used as a mode of transportation.
- The Vermilion bird is one of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellations. According to Wu Xing, the Taoist five-elemental system, it represents the fire-element, the direction south, and the season summer correspondingly. Thus it is sometimes called the Vermilion bird of the South (南方朱雀, Nán Fāng Zhū Què).
- Shikigami (式神, also read as Shiki-no-kami, 式の神) is the term for a being from Japanese folklore. It is thought to be some sort of kami, represented by a small ghost. The belief of shikigami originates from Onmyōdō.
- Suzaku is tied with Akeno for the woman with the largest bust size in the series.
- Her hip and waist size, height and body weight, are also exactly the same as Akeno's.
- Her first appearance was in SlashDog Volume 1, where she talked to the then head of Himejima, Suou Himejima.
- In SlashDog Volume 3, she announced her intention to marry Tobio as part of her plan to reform the Five Great Families.