|“||It’s a pleasure to meet you for the first time, Gremory servants. I am Sieg, the descendant of the Hero Siegfried. My companions call me Siegfried. What you choose to call me is up to you.||”|
Siegfried was a member of the Hero Faction. He was one of the top two swordsmen of the Khaos Brigade alongside Arthur Pendragon of the Vali Team and was known as The Demonic Sword User and "Chaos Edge" Sieg.
Siegfried was a handsome young man with silver-white hair and red eyes. Issei even compared him to Yuuto saying he looks like a "white Kiba". He, just like other members of the Hero Faction, wore a gakuren, and on top of it, a priest's coat, similar to Freed Sellzen. He also wore a belt that held his five Demon Swords and a Light Sword, which were around his waist and legs, forming a sword skirt.
Little has been mentioned of Siegfried's personality besides the fact that he was a dedicated and analytic swordsman and the rival of Arthur Pendragon. He has also shown to have a little regard for his own life using five Demon Swords that cut down his lifespan with no regard when overused and enjoyed fighting against strong fellow swordsmen.
He is also shown to have a bit of a frivolous atmosphere as he complimented Issei's breast techniques and stated that he didn't wish to retreat back to his Hero Faction comrades without accomplishing anything due to not wanting to be mocked by the likes of Jeanne and Heracles.
He can also be quite arrogant and cold, mocking the Gremory group for their weak attacks and fighting spirit in the wake of Issei's death (at the time).
Siegfried was created as a test-tube baby from multiple genetic patterns at the Sigurd Institution, who were trying to create the "True Descendant of Sigurd" who can use Gram by gathering those who carry his blood. The children of the institute are made from different patterns of genetics. The institute tried to make Sigurd's descendant artificially, to which Siegfried himself was artificially created. He was the only one to be able to handle Gram and was Lint Sellzen's teacher at some point.
In the past, Siegfried worked for the Orthodox Church and was trained in the same institution that trained Freed Sellzen where he gained his white hair due to several experiments. He was a top warrior in the Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox Churches, bearing the nickname "Chaos Edge" Sieg (魔剣ジーク, Kaosu Ejji Jīku), but eventually left the Church and joined the Hero Faction, where he had started a rivalry against Arthur Pendragon and was very upset when Arthur joined the Vali Team.
Powers & Abilities
Natural-Born Demon Sword Wielder: Due to being created with the genetics of the original Siegfried, Siegfried is a capable of wielding Demon Swords, especially the Demonic Sword Emperor Gram without suffering the immediate effects of using it. Yuuto Kiba noted that the only reason that Siegfried couldn't use Gram to its fullest potential was due to the fact that his Twice Critical (a Dragon-type Sacred Gear) clashing with Gram's Dragon-Slayer attribute.
Master Swordsman: As a former top warrior from the Orthodox Church, Siegfried was a master swordsman said to be just as renown as Arthur in the Khaos Brigade, with Siegfried beliving himself to be Arthur's equal in terms of swordsman skill. He could handle fighting fellow swordmasters such as Kiba, Xenovia, and Irina at the same time without getting serious. His sword skills are further supplemented thorough the use of his Sacred Gear; allowing Siegfried wield three swords at once. By using his Balance Breaker, he can wield all five demonic swords and light sword at the same time, dominating Kiba and Xenovia with superior dexterity in their second fight.
Immense Speed: From his training as an exorcist, Siegfried is extremely fast. He can easily fight both Yuuto and Xenovia at the same time using just a minimal effort.
- Chaos Edge Asura Ravage (阿修羅と魔龍の宴, Kaosu Ejji - Asura Revijji): Siegfried's Twice Critical's sub-species Balance Breaker, which allows him to have four Dragon Arms growing out from his back, with his power doubling for each. As a result, Siegfried obtains 4 Dragons arms in addition to his real arms.
- Gram (グラム, Guramu): Also known as the Sword of the Sun, it is the strongest Demon Sword. Known as the Demonic Emperor Sword (魔帝剣 Mateiken), it is a Dragon Slayer sword with the destructive power of the Holy Sword Durandal. Gram was the first out of his Demonic Swords to reject Siegfried and chooses Yuuto as its new wielder.
- Balmung (バルムンク, Barumunku): A Demon Sword from Norse mythology with a drill-like aura. It is capable of creating powerful whirlwinds.
- Nothung (ノートゥング, Nōtungu): A Demon Sword that specializes in sharpness.
- Tyrfing (ディルヴィング, Diruvingu): A Demon Sword that specializes in destruction.
- Dáinsleif (ダインスレイヴ, Dainsureivu): A Demon Sword that creates huge pillars of ice from the ground.
Light Sword: Siegfried wields a Light sword in battle against devils, which completes his six sword style using his Chaos Edge Asura Ravage.
Chaos Break: A special doping for Sacred Gear made from the blood of the original Satans, created by the Hero Faction with the help of the Old Satan Faction. It allows Siegfried to transform into a Spider-like form that enables his to wield Gram without suffering negative consequences from his using his Twice Critical along with Gram.
- The Dragon Arm(s) created by Siegfried's Twice Critical were silver in color, the same color as his hair.
- His current hair color was due to the training he received during his time in one of the institutions of the Church.
- So far, Siegfried is the only named Sacred Gear possessor to die in the series overall.
- Siegfried can mean "victory and peace" or "triumph and sanctuary".
- Siegfried is the second Artificial Human to appear in the series, the first being Freed Sellzen, and the third being Lint Sellzen.
- Siegfried is the second character to be killed by Yuuto Kiba, the first is Freed Sellzen. Coincidentally, they're both Artificial Humans created by the Sigurd Institution.