Summary[edit | edit source]
It is named after the Holy Grail from the Last Supper that Christ used and the Grail of Arthurian Legend. Sephiroth Graal, along with True Longinus (Holy Spear), Incinerate Anthem (Holy Cross), Alphecca Tyrant (Holy Nail) are known as the Holy Relics.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Sephiroth Graal takes an appearance of a golden cup. Valerie's subspecies creates three golden cups of the same appearance.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
The Sephiroth Graal has the ability to make contact with the principle of life, where the possessor is being forcefully told about how the life and soul is made. The possessor also takes in the mind and the concept of the dead, the living, and various other things as they use the Holy Grail which would result in the possessor being broken by the abundance of thoughts that enters their heart and soul when overusing the Sephiroth Graal.
From its power to control the principle of life, the Sephiroth Graal can bring the dead back to life as shown when Rizevim used the Sephiroth Graal to revive the long dead Evil Dragons and Masaomi Yaegaki. The Sephiroth Graal can also revive the dead as many times as the user desire as long as the soul of the deceased remains intact as stated by Grendel..
The Sephiroth Graal was also used to collect information on the Red Dragon Emperor's soul and the Boosted Gear from Issei Hyoudou's former body . It was later used to mass-produce Plate Mail armors, as well as bestow Trihexa with the ability to create them. By looking into the principle of life, it can discern the location of others, shown when Rizevim found a sealed Trihexa at the “end of the world”. 
Valerie's Sephiroth Graal is a sub-species where there are three grails instead of just one. It also has more outstanding aspects than all of the previous Holy Grail possessors where she can remove the weaknesses of creatures as much as possible.
It can also grant other people immortality in the form of regeneration as long as their soul is intact as shown by Marius Tepes who managed to revive himself after having half of his body destroyed by Rias Gremory's Power of Destruction.
Sephiroth Graal has also shown the ability to reconstruct the bodies of others, as shown when Rizevim transformed the vampires into Evil Dragons and modified Trihexa's body to be capable of birthing armies of fake Red Dragon Emperors.
As a unique feature of the Holy Relics, Sephiroth Graal can break through seals . In Volume 9, it was revealed that the Holy Relics can drive believers of the Church insane . Sephiroth Graal can also mentally influence others by “pulling them in”, with the effect being enhanced on believers of Christianity .
Side Effects[edit | edit source]
A side effect of the corrosion caused by overusing the Sephiroth Graal is the possessor gaining the ability to talk with and apparently see the dead from the other world.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Valerie's Sephiroth Graal is the second Sacred Gear to have a subspecies in its base form, the first being Siegfried's Twice Critical.
- Sefirot (/sfɪˈroʊt, ˈsfɪroʊt/; Hebrew: סְפִירוֹת səp̄îrôṯ), meaning emanations, are the 10 attributes/emanations in Kabbalah, through which Ein Sof (The Infinite) reveals Himself and continuously creates both the physical realm and the chain of higher metaphysical realms (Seder hishtalshelus). The term is alternatively transliterated into English as sephirot/sephiroth, singular sefirah/sephirah.
References[edit | edit source]
- Light Novel Volume 14, Life 2
- Light Novel Volume 16, Life 3
- Light Novel Volume 22, Life 1
- Light Novel Volume 16, Life 1
- Light Novel Volume 16, Life 4
- Light Novel Volume 23, Life 2
- Light Novel Volume 24, Life 4
- Light Novel Volume 9, Life 3