First mentioned in Volume 14 by Mephisto Pheles and later explained by Ravel, the Rookies Four refers to the four Devils - Sairaorg, Rias, Sona, and Seekvaira as "a generation gathered with promising rookies that are on an exceptional level". Ravel also mentions that something like this has never occurred before in the history of the Underworld. She claims that the Rookies Four and their servants belong to something which is out of the ordinary, mostly because they are still starting young Devils who have still yet to mature. Azazel mentions that the reason for the exceptional abilities displayed by the Rookies Four and their servants is due to training. Most pure-blooded Devils would not train; instead, they would depend entirely on the demonic powers that they inherited and would simply trade off any of their servants that they deemed weak. The Rookies Four, however, would rather train their servants instead of making a trade with other Devils.
- Three members of the Rookies Four have had major roles in the story.
- The other name for them is "The Four Novice Kings".
- Sairaorg is the only male member of the Rookies Four.
- Seekvaira is the only member of the Rookies Four to not have any known siblings.
- All members of the Rookies Four have servants that have connections with Dragons.