|“||Nakiri Kouchin Ouryuu is my name. I have heard many rumours about all of you.||”|
Ouryuu Nakiri (born as Ryuuta Nakiri) is the current heir of the Nakiri Clan and host of the Sacred Beast, the Yellow Dragon. He is a second-year high school student at Kuoh Academy and the secretary of the Student Council.
Ouryuu is a young man who has hair, which appears to be slicked back and a long bang in front of his forehead that extends in front of his left eye. He is seen dressed in the typical Kuoh Academy's male uniform without the usual blazer.
After joining Issei's team during the Azazel Cup, Ouryuu is seen to be dressed in their crimson uniform.
Ouryuu is shown to have a calm, friendly, and an energetic personality, as he appeared to the Occult Research Club in a polite manner. He is also very kind as he doesn't discriminate Devils and treats them respectfully. He holds a strong admiration towards Issei Hyoudou and considers him to be his role model.
Sometime before the series, Ouryuu was chosen by the Sacred Beasts of the Nakiri Clan, as its inheritor. He soon abandoned his birth name and took up his current name, becoming the heir of the Nakiri clan in the process. He is also fearful of Suzaku Himejima, calling her a scary person.
Powers & Abilities
Earth Manipulation: As a member of the Nakiri clan, Ouryuu can create and manipulate earth, which is further enhanced due to being the host of the Yellow Dragon. He can also control the terrain of earth and use this to his advantage to bring opponents closer to him or catch them off guard. By being in contact with the earth, he can determine the location of specific targets similarly to a sonar. According to Ouryuu, he can gather information on the targets such as the sound of their footsteps and their current status.
Immense Strength: Ouryuu is shown to be very strong as he went toe-to-toe with Scale Mail Issei during training. Xenovia later comments that he's in a different league among those with special powers. His strength is further proven as he defeated Lint, a Longinus user and Joker candidate, and then later sent Vasco Strada flying into a building with a kick.
Immense Durability: Ouryuu possesses impressive durability. When combined with his Touki, he could endure Issei's Balance Breaker attacks without much trouble.
Immense Speed: Ouryuu possesses impressive speed. When combined with his Touki, he is able to keep up with Issei (who was using his Balance Breaker) during their training session. Issei even commented that Ouryuu could toy with a High-Class Devil with his speed.
Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Ouryuu possesses immense skill in hand-to-hand combat, as shown during his training session with Issei in his Scale Mail, an immensely powerful combatant. In Volume 23, Ouryuu was able to hold his own against Nero Raimondi, the Ace of Uriel. In Volume 24, he could spar evenly against Gasper, who was in a using his Balance Breaker; Forbidden Invade Balor the Beast. With his use of Touki, Ouryuu's close combat prowess is further enhanced.
Yellow Dragon (黃龍, Ouryuu): The Sacred Beast of the Nakiri Clan that has been handed down for generations to the strongest mystic of the clan who is personally chosen by the Sacred Beast itself, along with its name.
- Dragon Veins: As the Sacred Beast that represents earth, the Yellow Dragon grants Ouryuu the ability to tap into the "veins" of ki that flow throughout the land letting him utilize the earth-based ki to strengthen his own physical abilities to significant degrees. As such, if Ouryuu fights in locations where the earth is rich, he will have a greater supply of earth-based ki to draw from, therefore making him stronger. He is also capable of shooting balls of dragon aura at his opponents.
- Touki (闘気, Fighting Spirit): Ouryuu can cover himself in an aura of ki, increasing his offense, defense, and speed. Using it in conjunction with the "vein" of ki, which flows throughout the earth, he can further enhance his Touki; based on the richness of the soil and certain conditions, he could borrow almost endless ki.
- Dragon Man (龍鬼人, Ryuukijin): This is a unique technique, which allows Ouryuu to assume the form of a golden humanoid dragon through amassing more power from the Dragon Veins around him to the point where he transforms himself. In this form, his physical abilities are enhanced to a great extent, as well as letting him hurl various touki and dragon aura bullets at his opponents.
Talisman: Ouryuu can use spell talismans powerful enough to dispel Gasper's twisted monsters into nothingness.
- In Chinese religion and mythology, the Ouryuu (Yellow Dragon) in East Asian culture is the fifth symbol completing the Sixiang (Four Symbols). This deity is the center of the cosmos and it represents the element earth, the Chinese quintessence, as well as the changing of the seasons.
- Ouryuu has a fiancée from the Kushihashi clan of the Five Principal Clans and plans to take Millarca Vordenburg as his second wife, due to the fact that as the next head of the Nakiri clan, he is allowed to have 3 wives.
- Due to not being a member of Team DxD, Ouryuu mostly stays behind to defend Kuoh Town while DxD is active overseas.
- Ouryuu was created because Ishibumi wanted another male junior that looks up to Issei, similar to Gasper.
- In Volume 23 Afterword, Ouryuu and Millarca will have a story published in the future.