|“||My name is Lint ♪ Lint Sellzen ♪ I am the church’s emissary~, also Heaven’s Brave Saint!||”|
Lint Sellzen is an exorcist who is a member of the Vatican and Heaven's Brave Saints as an Extra Joker. Lint is a former member of Rias Gremory's Azazel Cup Rating Game team; Team Rias Gremory, filling in the spot Xenovia Quarta left as her Knight. She is the possessor of the Longinus; Incinerate Anthem.
Lint is a young woman with a mix of black and white hair and with red eyes. She bears a striking resemblance to Freed as she looks like the female equivalent of him. She wears the same Church battle attire Xenovia and Irina Shidou wear. Unlike many Angels and Seraphs who have white and gold wings, Lint possess silver wings.
Lint has been noted to have a similar frivolous tone like Freed's, but her tone isn't vulgar compared to his and is more light-hearted. She is kind and considerate as shown by her goal of wanting to make up for all the bad things Freed did, but also carrying on his surname as a way of displaying sibling love. This shows even if those close to her commit crimes, she will not abandon them in anyway, instead being understanding though not forgiving.
Lint was created as a test-tube baby from multiple genetic patterns at the Sigurd Institution, who were trying to create the "True descendant of Sigurd" who can use Gram by gathering those who carry his blood. The children of the institute are made from different patterns of genetics. The institute tried to make Sigurd's descendant artificially, to which Lint herself was artificially created. She was 'made' from the same genetics as Freed making them almost the same person. At some point, Lint was part of training facilities affiliated with the Church's warriors training institution for a long time.
Powers & Abilities
Holy Power: As an Angel, Lint has the ability to use Holy Power to create various effects.
- Light-Based Weapons: As a reincarnated Angel, Lint can create light-based weapons such as light sword, spear, or a bow.
Master Combatant: Being raised in the church's warrior institution, Lint is an expert combatant, being able to wield her light sword and exorcist gun efficiently. In Volume 24, Lint can fight on par with Sha Wujing, the descendant of the original legendary Youkai, Sha Wujing.
Immense Speed: While she can't match up to the likes of Yuuto, Lint is still noticeably fast, shown when she dodges Sha Wujing attacks with ease. In True Vol 2, Lint acrobatically dodges Ouryuu in his Dragon Man form high speed attacks.
Flight: Being an Angel, Lint can fly using her wings.
Incinerate Anthem (紫炎祭主による磔台, Inshinerēto Ansemu): The Longinus currently wielded by Lint. It has taken the form of a sword that emits purple Holy Flames from it while also shaping the flames produced into bullets fired by her Exorcist Gun. She can also cover her entire body in its purple flames.
- Lovely Heavenly Angels (紫炎なりし愛の覇琉天使, Raburī Hevunryi Enjerusu), also known as the Purple Flame and Love Angel, is Lint Sellzen's sub-species Balance Breaker. It creates 3 huge angels (2 males and 1 female representing Siegfried, Freed, and Lint) covered in purple flames. The angels can combine with each other to become one large angel.
Light Sword (軽剣, Keiken): Lint wields a light sword in battle. When used in conjunction with Incinerate Anthem, it produces a purple holy flame blade.
Exorcist Gun (エクソシストガン, Ekusoshisuto Gan): Lint wields an exorcist gun in battle. When used in conjunction with Incinerate Anthem, it shoots out purple holy flames as a bullet.
- Lint's name is derived from the name of Siegfried's mother in Richard Wagner's Siegfried Opera, whose name is Sieglinde.
- Her name is a surname which means "tender" or "gentle hearted".
- Lint is the third Artificial Human to appear in the series, the first being Freed Sellzen, and second being Siegfried.
- Lint's character of being an exorcist who is an ally was originally going to be used for Freed's character.