User pages are not necessarily home pages, but a way of organizing the work that you are doing on a particular wiki and a way of helping other editors to understand with whom they're working. They give information about a user and their activities on the wiki, ranging from what pages they edit, what they are editing, what rights they hold, what groups they are a member of, etc. They can also show your favourite pages, major contributions to the wiki and what project you are currently undertaking on the wiki.
User page rulesEdit
- No illegal, inappropriate or offensive content - You may place whatever you want on your own User Page, so long as it is not illegal, inappropriate, or offensive.
- No user is allowed to edit another user's User Page without their expressed permission. The only exceptions to this are Administrators if they are editing the pages to do maintenance for the site or to fix something that violates policy.
- No user is allowed to copy a characters article and paste it on their User Page- Similarly, no user is allowed to use categories for their User Page that are also used on Articles on the site.
- No user is allowed to fabricate info that directly affects the site- For example, no user may say that they are an Administrator when they are not.
- No user is allowed to copy any other user's user page in it's entirety (or near entirety)- This does not mean that you can't copy someone's user page set up or templates or anything like that, it they are not in.
- No User page should consist solely of images please keep in mind that the Wikia is not a free personal hosting site, web storage facility, or image repository. If you intend to use your user page or upload images solely for such purposes, please do note that they may be subject to deletion.
Image uploads for user pagesEdit
- Users who are contributing to one or more Wikia wiki(s) may upload a number of images of their choice solely for use on their user page.
- If you are uploading more than a reasonable amount of images in a short period of time, you may be asked by an administrator to stop.