Great Red also known as the Apocalypse Dragon, the True Red Dragon God Emperor, True Dragon, and the Dragon of Dragons, is a powerful Dragon that resides in the Dimensional Gap. It is the dragon recorded in the Apocalypse.
Great Red is a massive red Western Dragon with a horn on his snout and has two sets of wings. His overall length measures around 100 meters. He is the third-largest Dragon in the series, after Midgardsormr, and Apophis.
Not much can be deduced on Great Red's personality, but Issei compared his personality to that of a biker gang delinquent, claiming that Great Red travels around the Dimensional Gap doing crazy moves and gets aggravated at people that are staring at him.
Not much is known about Great Red's past except for the fact that he has occupied the Dimensional Gap for quite some time, apparently taking residence after Ophis left. Sometime before the series, he was challenged by Tannin (a former Dragon King) to a fight but he ignored him.
Great Red made his first appearance in Volume 6 while traveling through the Dimensional Gap.
In Volume 12, Great Red saves both Ophis and Issei from the crumbling dimension and restores Issei's body with his flesh. He also lends Issei his power during his fight against the Jabberwocky, fusing with Issei to create a gigantic version of the Scale Mail to battle the Jabberwocky, claiming that the Beast (referring to Jabberwocky) is staring at him. He returns to the Dimensional Gap after Issei uses the Longinus Smasher to demolish the Jabberwocky in one shot. He then returns to the Dimension Gap while saying "Zoom Zoom Iyaaan" (from Oppai Dragon's theme song) repeatedly to Issei and Ddraig, much to their dismay.
Red Dragon Emperor of the Blazing Truth × White Dragon Emperor of the Morning Star: The True Dragon(s) of the Kuoh Academy
In True Volume 4, Great Red fought the Fierce God of the ExE world, Regalzeva, but as he was not his match, Great Red was effortlessly killed by him.
Powers & Abilities
Dragon God Physiology: As a Dragon God, Great Red possesses a level of power that makes him the strongest and most powerful of all dragon-kind alongside Ophis.
- Immense Strength: Great Red has tremendous power, which like Ophis exceeds that of both the Two Heavenly Dragons in their prime and the Gods from the various mythical factions, such as the Biblical God, ignoring even Tannin, an Ultimate-Class Devil and a former Dragon King. The portion of power he lent to Issei was enough for him to eliminate the Jabberwocky that the coalition of allied forces led by the Top Rating Game players such as Diehauser or Sirzechs' Peerage, the Strongest Peerage, and even erased a portion of the Underworld without a trace. Great Red can rival Ophis, the Ouroboros Dragon before losing her power, as well as being equivalent or superior to Trihexa after being serious, their potential fight being enough to destroy the world.
- Immense Durability: Like Ophis, being an existence of dreams, it can also be assumed that Great Red is nigh-invulnerable. This was further proven as Ophis herself didn't confront Great Red himself after he took refuge in the Dimensional Gap, then accepted help from the Khaos Brigade consisting of three High-Tier Longinus users and one Mid-Tier Longinus user; and Rizevim, a Super Devil needed to awaken Trihexa to kill him. This doesn't mean that Great Red isn't unaffected by everything, as a being such as the Dragon Eater could affect him; he, in fact, was effortlessly killed by Regalzeva, the Fierce God of ExE.
Dream Embodiment: As an existence with the power of dreams, Great Red can descend into thoughts of others and turn dreams into reality. He can completely control dreams and the dreams of others. He can attack or protect others in dreams, as well as affecting the real world to some degree via dreams or daydreams and can still affect the dreams of others even if he himself is not asleep. He gains power from dreams and can even project people's dreams, and as he represents dreams, he knows the dream one has seen and imagined.
Body Creation: Great Red can create biological bodies, which are in perfect condition for others to inhabit, such as the case with Issei being given a new body made from his flesh. He is able to fuse with those who were made from his flesh and likely due to his Boosted Gear, resulting in the "Super Gigantic Balance Breaker", which was used to fight against the Jabberwocky.
Flight: As a Dragon, Great Red can use its colossal wings to fly.
- "Zoom Zoom Iyaaan. Zoom Zoom Iyaaan." (Volume 12, Life 1)
- Great Red represents Dreams and Illusions.
- Great Red was born from the "illusions" of Dreams.
- One of Great Red's titles, "Dragon of Dragons", is shortened to "D×D", referring to the series itself. This can also refer to Issei's new body, as it was created from Great Red's flesh. Thus, Issei shares the same potential title as Great Red.
- The Red God of Dreams that is mentioned/said in the chant of the Diabolos Dragon God is referring to none other than Great Red.
- Great Red along with Bova, are the only two characters (as well as the only two dragons) who have delinquent personalities.