Gogmagog is the legendary giant of British folklore.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Gogmagog has the appearance of a giant stone statue that looks similar to a Gargoyle.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Gogmagog seems to be lacking in expressing emotions but does appear to be sentient, such as recognizing between friend or foe and working together with its allies.
History[edit | edit source]
The Gogmagogs were originally a group of Golems that were created by the Ancient Gods to be used as mass-produced weapons of destruction. The Gogmagogs, however, were eventually abandoned by the Ancient Gods who deactivated all of them and abandoned them in the Dimensional Gap. After hearing from Ophis who once mentioned the discovery of a giant that could move in the Dimensional Gap, Vali and his teammates set out to look for the active Gogmagog which they found during the events of Volume 6.
Powers & Abilities[edit | edit source]
Immense Strength and Endurance: As a Golem, Gogmagog has enormous strength and endurance.
Weapon Transformation: The Gogmagog can transform parts of its body into weapons, even to those of the modern age.
- Machine Gun:
- Lazer Beams: From its eyes, Gogmagog can fire beams of light.
- Rocket Punch: Gogmagog can fire its huge fist and send it flying towards it targets.
- Jet Flight: Gogmagog creates jet from its back and legs to allow him to fly.
Reconstruction: Even upon being destroyed, Gogmagog is able to rebuilt its damaged body.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Gogmagog" is a reference to a legendary giant in British folklore known for its monster-like strength. A similarity between the two is that the giant was thrown off a cliff while the Golems were abandoned in the Dimensional Gap.
- Another reference to the giant of the British folklore is that in the story, the giant is an inhabitant of Albion which is also the same name of the Dragon residing within the Divine Dividing, the Sacred Gear wielded by Vali Lucifer.
- The name Gogmagog is actually the combination of "Gog" and "Magog", names from the Hebrew Bible