|“||My master is currently Vidar-sama, and your current master is the Red Dragon over there. It seems we have no choice but to face each other!||”|
Brynhildr is a beautiful woman to the point of being described as transcendental with long light blue hair. Outside of battle, she usually wears a professional black suit. In battle, she wears Valkyrie armor similar to the one that Rossweisse adorns in combat.
Brynhildr is a serious woman who seems exasperated with her duties of watching over Vidar whose cheerful nature clashes with her serious demeanor. She is also very strict with Rossweisse who is her junior due to Rossweisse's clumsiness and critiques Rossweisse's openings in battle. However, like Rossweisse, she is also a bit bitter due to the fact that she does not have a boyfriend although she tries to play it off as just waiting for the right man to come along.
Brynhildr is a resident of Asgard who became a Valkyrie and was able to become recognized as the strongest Valkyrie of her generation, inheriting the name Brynhildr. While serving in Valhalla, she became Rossweisse's senior and taught her about magic, as the two would spar with Brynhildr managing to win every one of their sparring sessions. After Odin's departure to the Isolation Field Barrier, she was assigned to become the aide of the new chief-god; Vidar.
Powers & Abilities
Master Magician: Brynhildr has extraordinary skills in Norse Magic, her knowledge and experience succeeding all other Valkyrie. She can perform offensive, defensive, and supportive magics, either releasing full burst magic blasts, enhancing her allies, and trapping her opponents. Her activation speed and precision is superior to that of Rossweisse, who stated she surpassed her in all magic aside from sealing, barrier magic, and magical power.
- Elemental Magic: She notably excels in the use of ice, fire, water, lightning, wind, light, and explosive-based magic.
- Defensive Magic: Brynhildr is stated to be skilled at defensive magic.
- Strengthening Magic: Brynhildr is stated to be skilled at strengthening magic, using it to enhance her teammates.
Master Swordswoman: Aside from magic, Brynhildr is also skilled in swordsmanship, being able to fight against Rossweisse wielding the Mistilteinn Wand.
Magic Sword: Brynhildr wields a magical sword which she can enhance with her magic by imbuing it with various elemental attributes such as fire and light.
- In High School DxD, the name Brynhildr is a name bestowed to the most powerful Valkyrie who serves as the representative of the Valkyries
- Brynhildr is the name of the main Valkyrie featured in Richard Wagner's opera Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelung).
- Her name is derived from the equivalents of Old High German from brunia (armor) and hiltia (conflict).