|“||...My name is Bennia. ...I’m a former Grim Reaper.||”|
Bennia Orcus is the daughter of Orcus and an unnamed Human mother. She was a former underling of Hades until she defected to become the second Knight of Sona Sitri's Peerage. In the aftermath of the Hell Disaster, she was traded to Issei Hyoudou, becoming the second Knight of his Peerage. She is a first-year high school student at Kuoh Academy, as well as a member of the Occult Research Club.
Bennia has the appearance of a girl with pale skin. She is described as a cute girl with long, dark purple hair and sleepy golden eyes. Her hair is tied in a long braid by a bow with a purple skull, reaching all the way down to her hips. Bennia also has 3 black markings on both her thighs also having gold neon lines in it's interior.
She wears a white skull mask in conjunction with her Grim Reaper clothing which consists of a light blue dress and a black and white hood resembling a jester cap with a emerald gem at the tip. She also wears black elbow length gloves covered in gold neon lines with gems at the back of her wrists. As a huge fan of Oppai Dragon, she has many embroideries of its designs on the back of her black cape.
Bennia is shown to be an upbeat and outgoing young girl. She greatly admires Oppai Dragon, comparing the Hyoudou Residence to Shangri-La. She can also be a bit of a prankster, such as dropping Elmenhilde Karnstein out of her magic circle several feet off of the floor or a roof.
She seems to be a good strategist too, such as stating that Saji was the only one in Sona's Peerage with a chance to put up a good fight against Issei.
Not much is known about Bennia's past, other than that she was born from one human woman and the fact that she used to serve as a Grim Reaper alongside her father, Orcus, under Hades in the Underworld. She eventually left the place as she could not get along with Hades and his method of doing things. Before the Volume 14 she met Sona and joined her peerage.
Powers & Abilities
Demonic Power: Bennia has all the powers and abilities common to Devils, including the power to cast spells.
Enhanced Speed: As a Knight, Bennia possesses enhanced speed and mobility and is able to move faster than Xenovia. In fact, Bennia is so fast that she leaves behind afterimages of her movements to confuse her opponents.
- Replication: Bennia is fast enough to create several duplicates of herself from her afterimages, which allow her to confuse her opponents.
Magic Expert: Bennia has shown to have some skill in magic. She can also store away her scythe and summon it back when she needed it.
- Teleportation Magic: Bennia is also able to give access to people to use teleportation to any location.
Expert Scythe Wielder: Bennia is incredibly skillful while she is wielding a scythe, as she is shown to be more proficient than mid-level Grim Reapers.
Flight: Being a Devil, Bennia can fly using her wings.
Death Scythe: Bennia wields a scythe with a long curved black blade with neon gold lines through out the blade. Her scythe can wound her opponents and would shorten their lifespan with a special type of curse. It also seems that those slashed by her scythe don’t take any external wounds, but instead get their souls slashed. The amount of damage inflicted to the person's soul will be determined by that person’s strength.
Knight Piece (騎士の駒, Kishi no koma): Bennia was reincarnated using a Knight Piece, which enhances her speed, making her faster than an average person.
- (To the Occult Research Club): 《……My name is Bennia. ……I’m a former Grim Reaper.》 (Volume 14, Life 4)
- (To Issei): 《Boss Oppai Dragon. I’m a big fan of yours, Boss. Look, I have so many embroideries of Oppai Dragon behind my cape. Can I ask you to give me one of your signatures? 》 (Volume 14, Life 4)
- 《Oppai Dragon’s residence……this is basically like a Shangri-La for me.》 (Volume 15, Episode Issei 1)
- 《Now then, who will be the one to defeat Oppai Dragon.》 (DX 4)
- 《As someone from the Realm of the Dead I can’t ignore this. I’ll go too!》 (True Volume 4)
- Bennia means "carriage".
- Bennia's surname derives from her father's name.
- Bennia is the only half-Grim Reaper not to despise Devils and did not hesitate to become one.
- Bennia is a huge fan of The Oppai Dragon show and Magical Girl Milky.
- Bennia's scythe's design was inspired by the beam scythe from the Mobile Suit Gundam, XXXG-01D Gundam Deathscythe.