|“||By this Holy King Sword Collbrande, be it Fenrir's blood or dimensional space, all will be cut!||”|
Arthur Pendragon is a member of the Vali Team that was previously affiliated with the Khaos Brigade, now a part of Team DxD. He is a descendant of King Arthur, as well as a descendant of the witch Morgan le Fay, and is the older brother of Le Fay Pendragon.
Arthur is a bespectacled young man with blond hair with a strand of hair across his face, who is usually dressed in a business suit.
Arthur is calm, polite, and a gentleman. He appears to be obsessed with finding an opponent suitable for his Holy King Sword, Caliburn. He is also a caring and a loving person as he cares deeply for his little sister, comrades, and allies. He is also an indulgent person, as he pays his debt to Issei for taking care of Le Fay. Fenrir claims he can't help but notice the "nothingness" inside him.
Arthur comes from the noble House of the Pendragon which consists of the descendants of King Arthur. He left the house after taking the Holy King Sword with him becoming an outcast and joining the Khaos Brigade in an attempt to seek strong foes. Arthur was originally part of the Hero Faction where he was Siegfried's rival before leaving the Hero Faction to join the Vali Team.
Powers & Abilities
Natural-born Holy Sword Wielder: Arthur is a natural-born Holy Sword wielder and is able to wield the strongest Holy Sword.
Immense Combat Skills: Despite being a human, Arthur is a top-notch fighter with tremendous skills capable of defeating legendary beings; assisting his teammates in fight against one of Fenrir's sons and toying with him the entire time. During the Demonic Beast Riot and the Vali Team's attack on Hades' palace, he slayed numerous Grim Reapers, a notable feast as even Low-Ranked ones are stronger than average Middle-Class Devils. Arthur and his teammates held their own against Aži Dahāka, an immensely powerful Evil Dragon. Vali even considers him one of the five candidates for the strongest human.
- Master Swordsman: Arthur has immense skills and talent in swordsmanship, having even surpassed his father Uther the previous wielder of Caliburn. Both Uther and Vasco himself acknowledged Arthur has a rare talent as a swordsman. He was one of the Khaos Brigade's strongest swordsmen alongside Siegfried as he could helped fight and kill one of Fenrir's sons, then later several Grim Reapers. As a testament to his skills, he fought Vasco Strada one of the strongest Exorcists of the Church, to a standstill without either using their true strength, but still superior to Kiba, Xenovia, and Irina. In their rematch, he fought Vasco before and after returning to his prime, but soon lost. Vasco and Uther stated though talented, he's too immature, vain, and inflexible, after receiving advice from his father, Arthur became more flexible, letting him fight against Sun Wukong and the first Zhu Bajie. In True Vol 4, he defeated brainwashed Sacred Gear users, deflect and destroyed Meredith's holy nails, then defeated the Evil God, Aka Manah using Caliburn.
Immense Speed: Arthur is shown to be extremely fast in battle, being able to move as fast as Vasco Strada during their duel.
Magic: In Volume 15, Arthur can use magic to store away Caliburn in another dimension and summon it back when he needed it. He can use magic to fly in mid air.
Flight: During the events of Volume 19, Arthur has demonstrated the ability to stay afloat in mid-air.
Caliburn (コールブランド, Karibān): Arthur's main weapon. The ultimate Holy Sword and the Sword in the Stone. The Caliburn can generate an extremely massive amount of Holy aura that surpasses even that of Excalibur and Durandal and is capable of ripping through space. Arthur can also use Caliburn to teleport himself or others to any location and can open small spatial portals to teleport its blade to strike enemies from any direction unexpectedly.
Excalibur Ruler (支配の聖剣, Ekusukaribā Rūrā) (Formerly): Arthur previously wielded the strongest of the seven Excalibur fragments, Excalibur Ruler, before abandoning the sword and allowing Le Fay to give the Excalibur Ruler to Irina in Volume 11 after Fenrir no longer needed to be controlled by it.
- Arthur is a dedicated tea lover as he is alright with eating any food as long as he can drink first-class black tea along with it, even carrying around a teapot with him to brew tea during mealtimes.
- After Le Fay decided to take the entrance exam for Kuoh Academy, Arthur inspected the school together with Issei. He also bought the academy's uniform for his sister.
- Arthur's name has a meaning of "King" which would be referring to the fact he is descended from one.
- The surname Pendragon is composed of Welsh pen, "head, chief, top" and ddraig, "dragon; warrior" so the full meaning can be "Head dragon/warrior", "Chief dragon/warrior", or "Top dragon/warrior".
- Arthur is listed among the strongest humans, along with Cao Cao, Tobio, Vasco, and Mitsuya, due to the fact about his swordsmanship and mastery of Caliburn.
- Fenrir's description of the "nothingness" inside Arthur could be a reference to the aptly named concept in the "Book of Void/Nothingness" of Musashi Miyamoto's "Book of Five Rings", described as the vital concept and core of the legendary swordsman's own martial arts.